Friday, June 5, 2009

Wake up all you Moms!!!

Did you know that the ever popular Victoria's Secret line, PINK is advertised in YM and Teen Vogue magazines??? Which has a target audience of ages 9-17!! WOW.

I don't have time to elaborate on this now.. but I will. I've got a good post coming that's bound to offend some. But what do I really care??

No I do not have a daughter, but I've got two precious nieces whom I love dearly and who are being exposed to all of this garbage.. and for that matter, I've got two precious boys who are also being exposed to the garbage.

The effect this has on young girls (or adult women for that matter) is out of control but lest we foget the way it strikes young boys! I realize that on the human nature side of things that yes, a boy (or man) will always be aroused by a scantily clad picture or a scantily clad dressed girl; but my prayer is to raise them to see those images and "AVERT THE EYES SON BECAUSE SIN ABOUNDS!!" I want them to see those images or girls dressed that way and think, "God's word tells me that this is not godly and as much as my flesh would love to pursue this it isn't good for me."

I hope I can raise my boys to seek the attention of godly, god-fearing ladies who have a love for modesty and find their TRUE WORTH in the mirror of God's heart...not some smutty magazine or mall window.

Ok I've said my two scents worth for today... please come back because I've got a post coming soon that I'm super passionate about.

I'll leave you with this...straight off the Abercrombie KIDS website!!! Clothing geared toward 7-12 year olds mind you.. isn't this just what you want your young daughter focusing on when she's searching online unsupervised??



GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

Blessings!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I love how passionate you are! I agree with you! It seems we can barely watch TV around here anymore because of the commercials alone......always someone talking about femine issues or underwear or who knows what else that really is adult content. It's just crazy!

David and Emily McKay said...

I agree. I am new to the girl world but I know that several of my friends with older daughters have a difficult time finding proper clothes for little girls that aren't sexy. I appreiciate you passion on this topic and I hope that I can raise my son the same way!

april said...

I just found your blog by clicking through friends-of-friends & had to comment on this post! It is so nice to see someone taking a stand for what is RIGHT & DECENT!! I'm so glad to know I'm not alone in the way I feel about this very subject!! Thank you for sharing your thoughts so eloquently :)