Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My new favorite find!

Ok ladies have you heard of this FAB product before? I am so excited about it!!

It’s called the MilkBand…and I hear it’s a lifesaver! Beth Moore’s daughter says it was a lifesaver when it came to breastfeeding. I remember how hard it was to remember how long I nursed and on which side. I used to try to write it down but always seemed to forget. I hoping that this product will put an end to the problem…



Now you know a mom had to invent this! I’m hoping so anyway.. LOL

I’m going to purchase a few extra ones for two girlfriends of mine who are having baby showers soon. I know it will help them on the nursing journey as well. I’ve been reading up on breastfeeding in my pregnancy books. It’s funny how much you forget from one baby to the next. I read a TON and took a breastfeeding class when I was pregnant with my first son. But as time goes on, you seem to forget it all.

My friend Jessica and I were discussing breastfeeding on Saturday. She is about 8 weeks out from having her little girl Allyson Kate! She was telling me that she read how under wire bras can keep a good milk production from developing. I suppose I hadn’t really thought about that. She said she was ditching the wire bras because she doesn’t want anything fighting against her attempt at breastfeeding… I agree with that. It’s hard enough as it is.

So I’ve been reading up on the ‘ol breastfeeding techniques and hoping I can retain all this information. We’ll see. One of the suggestions they made was to let your baby “room in” with you at the hospital. Now, don’t get me wrong, I want to bond with my baby, but I also know how sleep is so important when you have a new baby. I cherish those few days in the hospital when you can turn the baby over to great nurses who take great care of them and then you can just pick up the phone and have your baby right back after a little nap! I’m torn on which I’m going to do. Having two little ones at home already AND having a c-section again, I know I’m going to need my rest. But on the other hand, if I don’t room-in, I might not build a great milk supply those first few days.

I seem to remember with Britton telling them to bring him in every three hours. That seemed to work and he didn’t really have a hard time nursing so maybe that will work for us.

Anyhow, I hit 13 weeks on Sunday! I am feeling so much better these days! Here are some pregnancy stasts at 3 months:

~craving fruit like crazy! Strawberries and grapes are my favorite!
~still getting up at least 3 times in the night for a potty break.. hoping that subsides soon.
~craving water like crazy too! I’ve never been a huge fan of water.. but this go-round I seem to not be able to get enough

I think both the boys have a pretty good understanding of what is going on. They both randomly walk up to me and kiss my belly. It’s so sweet. Britton even says “baby” and it’s so cute. He actually kissed Daddy’s belly the other night and said baby so I think he hasn’t quite understood that the baby is only in Mommy’s belly!

On that note, I had a dream last night that it was a girl! So now, I am totally confused on which I think it is. I’m dead stuck in the middle between both. We’ll see what they say. Either way will be a great surprise!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I was just reading your post and just imagining you with a little girl and then I got to the part about your dream....I think it's going to be a girl! LOL!!

I have heard of the milk bands too...what a great invention! Have you heard of the Smart Mom jewelry too? I think those are another great invention. It's just fashionable jewelry that is safe for babies to chew on....they say they're great for church!

When I had my 1st baby, I kept her in my room the whole time. By the time I had the 2nd and 3rd, I was fine with them taking them back to the nursery....I was so tired and I couldn't rest with them in the room because I was so afraid something would happen to them. I seriously was like, what if somehow they manage to fall out of their little bassinet. I know there's no way that could happen, but you know how new moms worry. Ha!