Monday, June 22, 2009

12 weeks! We have arrived!

Yesterday marked 12 weeks on this pregnancy journey! I cannot tell you how glad I am to be here. Mainly because I'm *hoping* this will be the turn of events for me. So far, I have felt pretty good the last three days and haven't had to take a ton of medicine.. well, I have added one new pill to my group...



...say hello to my new best friend. Mr. Zantac is going to be a big help to me in the coming days. My friend Heather, (thanks Heataher you rock and you are a lifesaver!) informed me that it quite possibly isn't morning sickness at all.. but heartburn/acid indigestion! I'm so thankful she mentioned it to me! My hubs picked up the Zantac for me last night and I could really tell a difference! It is supposed to help the acid/sour stomach issue I am having.

So here is a look at what Baby #3 looks like this week!



And a little info on Baby:

The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.

Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.


I love reading about all the growth. It's amazing the changes that take place in just one week!

Yesterday was a great Father's Day. I am so thankful for my Dad and for my wonderful husband who is the best dad my boys could ever ask for. Church service really rocked. Worship was awesome.. the message really touched my heart and got me thinking. I'm thankful for my Salvation, and that Jesus will never let go of me.

We gave Daddy his pottery that the boys made. He loved his plate that they made. Here are some pictures of the day we painted.. it was pretty funny watching the boys paint.














Have a great day!

1 comment:

Heather said...

So glad to hear the Zantac is helping! Cute pictures! I loved the church service yesterday too.