Friday, June 12, 2009

Second trimester is almost here!

I'm so excited that on Sunday I will be 11 weeks along.. that means that the second trimester is right around the corner! I'm hopeful that when I wake up, the morning the 12 week begins, I'll be like a lady running thru a wheat feild and feel like a new person! Hah! I know it won't happen like that but I'm sure hoping it does. I'm ready for the sleepiness to fade, and for the stomach acid to go bye bye! I have a feeling the acid issue is going to stay with me this pregnancy. This is new for me so it's taking some getting used to. I've been eating tums like candy and so far I think they are helping. If any of you ladies have any advice on how to help this issue please share your knowledge!

I wanted to post a picture from the baby website I'm always on.. here is a picture of how my baby looks thus far!



I don't think any men read my blog...if there are then I know the above picture was already TMI for you.

So right now Baby #3 is the size of a fig! How cute.. last week it said the baby was the size of a kumkwat(sp?) I just thought, "couldn't they have compared it to another food?" That is such a weird sounding word. LOL
The baby is almost fully formed. Here are some other fun tidbits:

Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden. I love reading as the development takes place! I'm trying to relish in all these tiny moments that go by so fast.. this may or may not be our last child (we'll see if I can survive 3). I don't think I can make up my mind about that just yet.. I'm just not there. I might change my mind a few weeks after this one is born! ;) Time will tell.

Anyhow, I hope you are all having a wonderful day! Despite Satan's attempt to "hit me with his best shot" today I am surprisingly at total peace, and am not letting the little things bother me! Thank you Jesus for peace!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I just think pregnancy is so amazing! I hope you're feeling better soon! It is weird how as soon as you hit that 2nd trimester, you really do seem to feel better. Hope you have a great weekend!