Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Three weeks from today...

is Christmas Eve!

I get so excited this time of year. I love everything surrounding this season. Yes, I love the Christmas tree, the ornaments, the decorations, the music in the stores, the overall "niceness" of the people around.. but more importantly, I love what this season really means. The birth of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Yes, I do dislike how "comercialized" this season has become. But in my heart, I know what this season truly means. And just because other people in our world want to take the focus off of Jesus doesn't mean that we as Christians can't enjoy all the festivities of Christmas.

I find myself looking into the sky at night, looking at the stars(what few we actually have in our smog filled city), and thinking about THAT STAR, the one that those three wise men followed to find THE KING. Wow. How awesome that must have been.



Yes I love all the ideas and fun that is wrapped up in Santa Claus. I want my boys to feel the excitement of Christmas because "Santa is coming," but mainly because without Christ, there would be no celebration of Christmas, no reason to hang the wreath, no joy, no hope.

I am so thankful for our Saviour's birth. In the hustle and bussle of this season, I wonder, what will I give Jesus for Christmas? What do you give the person who has everything? The bible says that, "He owns the cattle on a thousand hills." Everything belongs to Him. The money that we call "ours" is His, the homes that we so glady claim are "ours' are His...all His. I think this year, I will try to concentrate on giving Him more thankfullness, submission and appreciation for all He has done.

What about you?

1 comment:

Angie Seaman said...

Hey girl. Just wanted to pop on and let you know that you have an award waiting for you over on my blog. Go check it out when you get time. Hugs girlie!
Angie
www.angelicagracedesigns.com/blog/
www.angieseamanphotography.blogspot.com