Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Mother Inquires...

Ok, so I have two questions:

At what age, does a child sit at the dinner table and eat with out getting the food EVERYWHERE? I mean, all over him, all over the table and all over the floor.

I know my kiddos are young; so I'm not expecting a miracle here.. just wondering how much longer it lasts. I seriously have to sweep and mop like five times a day. It's getting old.


And finally, any of you moms out there have any great recipies to share?! I'm in need of some new ones.. tired of cooking the same old stuff. I'm open to anything.. as long as it doesn't involve too many appliances. 'Cause this Momma don't like doing dishes!!

Love to all--goodnight,
Rachel

7 comments:

Unknown said...

sorry friend. ash is six.. and you can ALWAYS tell where he sat last. filthy, sloppy eater. i dont think he will ever outgrow it.

Dancing Queen said...

ok, totally did not know you were in houston!!! i thought you were in a different state!! yeah, ya'll got way more snow than us...very jealous!!!

i love to cook & have lots of recipes i love to share...i'll have to make a list & send it to you...send me your e-mail!!

fun post today...come check it out!!

Mandy Crowell said...

Yeah, girl, I'm not sure it ever goes away. Mine are 5 and 2, and I still have to clean everytime they eat. I WILL say the mopping shouln't have to happen too much (mostly just wiping them and the table up) and then I vacuum up the crumbs with the best home gift my hubby ever got me..the "Shark" hand vac! It sucks up anything and is SOO much easier than sweeping..so worth it!

Email me your address and I'll mail you some of my favorite recipes..also let me know what kind of meats, veggies, things you guys don't like so I won't send recipes with that stuff in them.

Amy said...

Go check through my old posts...I think from early November...a yummy soup recipe.

And the cleaning...my oldest is 7 and I'm still doing the floors at least twice a day! I love my dust buster...if you don't have one...get one for Christmas!!

Jill said...

Here's my only advice: Get a dog. At least it eliminates the sweeping step. HAHA! :-)

Hipmomofboyz said...

I not sure when the mess ever ends. My 15 year old is the clean freak of the family but for some reason he eats like a slob. Crumbs always on the table. And don't get me started on the morning waffles, children can not keep the syrup on the plate!
Let me know when you get some recipes, I need all the help I can get>>>me and the kitchen do not get along!!!

Mandy Crowell said...

PS..I mailed you some of my tried and true recipes..let me know what you think!