Monday, December 15, 2008

Random Question...

Hey girls! How is everyone doing? Hope all is well! Just so you know, I'm sorry I don't post everyday...BUT I want you girls to know that everyday (ok several times a day) I read your blogs!

Okay a random question: does anyone know or have a clue how much it would cost to either close in a garage (making it apart of the house), or close in a back porch. I'm looking to make myself a seperate studio space. Right now the office is in our bedroom...we have a HUGE sitting area with windows and while it is a nice office space, I would really love another space.. a bigger, seperate space!

I know that you guys aren't going to shoot off an exact price to me but, maybe a ballpark figure? $5,000? $10,000??

Anyone know??

1 comment:

Jill said...

Well, I think it depends on what it will take to do it. If you need heat and air conditioning out there, you'll need a vent in an adjoining room that you can hook onto. I definitely think you could do it for $5000 if you don't go overboard. You'd need $ for the heating/air, insulation, drywall, primer & paint, flooring of some sort, and probably windows. I would call 3 different contractors and have them give you quotes. Tell them you're going to get 3 different estimates so each one will give you a competitive bid. Good luck! Jill