Sunday, July 12, 2009

Awesome Day

Today was such an awesome day. It was just wonderful. We enjoyed the services at church so much. I felt honored to be there and didn't take for granted today the fact that we have a wonderful church and church family. It's very easy to take it for granted sometimes...

My husband and I teach in the Elem. dept. at church and have been doing so for the last 4 months or so. We really enjoy it so much. I love the kids; they are so sweet, so innocent. I teach the 5th grade girls and Victor teaches with the 5th grade boys. Some of our girls are already about to promote out to the 6th grade and it makes me so sad! I don't want them to go to Jr. High!

I love those girls to death.. they are precious and sweet. It's so endearing when as a 10/11 yr. old girl, you can stand up in front of your peers and pray outloud. It impresses me.. I think that's why Jesus says in His Word that we must, "come as a little child." They have a big faith. Because they do not yet know to fear what other people are thinking of them.. they just love Jesus.

Anyhow, we always ask for prayer requests. I told the girls in our class about Kate McRae and it just touched my heart when one of our girls prayed outloud and asked God to heal Kate. How precious is that? I believe with all my heart that God heard those prayers..

After church this evening we went to eat with Amanda and David and their kiddos. We had a great time. We ate Mexican food which is mine and Amanda's FAVORITE! Mexican food does this prego gal good! ;0) Abby Grace is just the most precious thing. She wanted to sit in "Aunt Rachel's" lap. She has got to be the most sassiest little girl in the world. Pretty, polite and a little bit of southern charm in her but let me tell you, she will let you know what she wants and when she wants it! LOL She wanted to come stay the night with me.. I told her she was going to come over this week and we were going to paint each other's nails! I'll have to post some pictures of that.

Her surgery is getting closer and closer and I must admit that it's even scary for me. I know God is going to take care of her and get her thur this.. but I think the waiting is the scariest part. Her older sister, Kayli said tonight at the table that she was worried for her little sister. How precious. I told her that God was going to take care of Abby Grace. I am going to have them stay the night with me that night. We are going to pray for Abby, talk things thru and have some good old fashion fun.

Please keep Abby Grace and Kate McRae in your prayers. I've added a side button for Kate. You can click there and read her parents daily journaling. Right now poor Kate just keeps asking to go home and she really doesn't have any idea that she has such a long road ahead of her. Chemo, hair loss, endless spinal taps and pokes. But The Creator knew before one of her days began that she would have these days ahead. I am praying for peace for little Kate and for her parents..

So here are a few pictures I took of my boys this morning before church. Are they cute or what?! I know one day they are going to ask me to quit dressing them alike.. but until then I'm eating up how cute they look!!

Ps-just went in to say goodnite to my boys.. Bryce says, "You're the best Mom." Melt my heart!!




4 comments:

Kristin said...

They are so adorable!

You know what's weird, I opened up my laptop this morning and my blog was on the page where I had posted Kate's video and the video is labeled "Pray for Kate", so I prayed for her right then and there. I thought maybe it was a message that she could use my prayer right then! I'm not sure how my blog was on that page. Weird.

Anyhow, can I come over and get my nails done this week with the girls? Hee hee....just kidding :)

And about church, you are right, having that kind of church is such a blessing not to be taken for granted, because I still don't really feel like I fit in at church and if you can't fit in at church, then something's not right. Please just say a little prayer that I'll feel better, because I really don't want to hop around to a bunch of different churches.

Hope you have a great week, Rachel!

Erin said...

thanks for commenting on my blog. your boys are so precious!

I will be praying for Abby and Kate. remember God's grace is sufficient.

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 cor 12:9

Rachel www.jackandcoledesigns.com said...

Kristin,
You are welcome to come do your nails anytime!! We'd love to have ya!

Rachel www.jackandcoledesigns.com said...

Kristin,
You are welcome to come do your nails anytime!! We'd love to have ya!