Saturday, August 29, 2009

When God Changes Your Plans

So the last few weeks have been a rollercoaster of events.

I didn't say anything here on the blog but we bought another house...wait, don't get excited. This was the "perfect" house. We had been looking for a little while..we are ready to move on to somewhere with more space and a playroom!

We loved this house we found! It has a huge kitchen with pot and pan drawers (I'm sorry but I get excited over that kind of stuff!), a huge dinning room, a biiiig laundry room with cabinets and storage, a detach garage with a long driveway for my kids to play. It was perfect...like I said.

So we thought this was the house God had for us. Turns out, God has other plans! Don't you just love when he taps on your shoulder and says, "Rachel, this is a very nice house, but this isn't the house I want for you!" And I reply, "Um Lord, I don't think I've told you how crowded it is in our house...and oh, Lord, we are having another baby; did I tell you that Lord? (as if he didn't know!)...and we've been doing the Dave Ramsey thing for several years and we are so thankful for it...and so Lord, it's time to buy this house."

Do you ever have "those conversations" with God? Ha, they are quite funny. I love Him for the simple fact that He doesn't knock me down and put me in my place. He gently whispers, "Like I said daughter, Daddy knows best."

So the house fell thru at the last minute after two months of waiting. It wasn't our fault. Some issues with the sellers caused us to have to walk away from it. Big Bummer.

So for about two days, my husband and I walked around here totally out of sorts. It's always hard when God changes our plans. The way we thought/hoped for something to turn out and He puts our plans in the big blender up in heaven and turns it on!

Then the strangest thing happened. God gave me a total peace over it. For whatever reason, God didn't want us to have that house. I had to realize that God can see the beginning and the end of everything. "He will withold no good thing from me..." So the "good house" that we are looking for is out there, we just have to find it. I know my friend Tasha has had to come to that realization as well and I'm so happy that they have found a house!

Sometimes the waiting period can be the sweetest. :)

So shortly after the "sad news" thing started falling into place. We sat down and talked it over and came to the decision that God wants us to keep looking. The only problem was, the house we are in now is not an option, it's now somebody elses!! So what to do?

We could go to my parents house until then but they are under major renovations...not a kid friendly place.

So as the next hour passes, God answeres that worry. My in-laws who happen to be awesome people, have several rent properties and offered us to stay in one of their houses while we are on our house hunt!!!

I know it's such a small problem and there are such greater things I could worry over but I think we all know how it is when we plan something and the Lord changes it. I just want to praise Him for giving me the peace to accept NO when I heard it. He didn't have to give me that peace...I'm not owed it. But I am his daughter and he loves me! Thankfully.

I think I'm overjoyed with excitement at what the house God has for us will be like! We'll see. It may take us a while to find it but I know it's out there! Lord, if I could make a small request, can I please have a laundry ROOM? Right now I have a laundry closet and it works my nerves sometimes. ;)

So here's to my God and to the "unanswered prayers." He knows best.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I love this post, Rachel! I hope you will find your dream house soon :) Are you sure you don't want to move out here where I live? Ha! We have one of the best school districts in Texas! :)