Sunday, August 9, 2009

An idea becomes a reality

So I had mentioned several posts ago about the route we were taking with our business. I feel like it's in a sturdy enough place for me to express more about that route. For as long as God allows, we will always be Jack and Cole Designs, baby and children's boutique. When I started this journey several years ago my passion was to offer unique and one of a kind nursery and children's room decor and furniture. I feel like we have accomplished that *thank you Jesus!* and now that it is growing and is as stable as it can be at this point, we feel like we can also stretch ourselves to another branch, or spin off if you will, of Jack and Cole Designs!

We aren't yet at the point to say the spin off company name, but I will tell you about one of the products we'll be doing! Being that this is our third baby, I've had plenty of experience with maternity clothing. I hate that there just isn't much out there for women in the way of trendy, unique maternity clothing. Even more so, there isn't much out there for trendy women who aren't a size 2! We'll offer regular and plus sizes. So, we have been in the works designing, working with other vendors and distributors to launch our own line of maternity tops!!!!!!!! I'm SO excited about this!

We have a pretty cool name for the line. It won't just be tops, there is another awesome product we'll be launching (Lord willing) that will be apart of this extension of J&CD. There isn't anything else out there like this product so I'm hoping it will be a big hit with the Mommies!

I have been busting at the seams to tell all you guys but didn't want to say anything before we did as much research and planning as possible. Sad to say, my website has been slow going back up because I have had to give alot of time and attention to this.

So that is just one of the several "spin offs" that we are taking with J&CD. The other two inspirations and ideas I have are a long time in the making so I just have to be patient and grow my business one day at a time. We'll get there!

I hope to point people who purchase our products in the direction of Jesus. Hoping that in some way, by finding our company that they will come to know Him. He is the one who has given me these dreams and hopes and I'm so thankful for that.

Wish us luck and be in prayer for our endeavors! Thankful to have my faithful blog followers to pray and encourage me!

Blessings!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Ooh! I am dying to hear all about it!!!! You know how much I love all things Mommy related!! I can't wait to hear the name and all about the new product.

I am so happy for you! I love that you have that desire to point others to the Lord.....that is my same desire with my business, although I have no idea where I'm going with it. ha! My problem is I haven't found the right way to mesh what I make with the message I'm trying to get out there, but one day I'll figure it all out. LOL!

I wish you all the success in this new endeavor. I look forward to hearing all about it!

Tara said...

Good luck! When I decide to do baby #2. . .I'm definitely buying! In the meantime, you're a wonderful Christian and someone I have always looked up to in faith. I know the Lord will bless your venture because you are doing it for the right reasons and a pure heart. Much love, friend!

Rachel www.jackandcoledesigns.com said...

Hey Kristin!!

I've got a great idea for a way you can spread the gospel with your products! It's the same thing I'm doing and I'd be glad to share the idea with ya!

I'll send you a FB message!

Rachel www.jackandcoledesigns.com said...

Tarah!

Thank you so much for those sweet words. I appreciate it more than you know. I love you dearly and appreciate your friendship so much!! Baby #2? Bring it on!!