Wednesday, August 5, 2009

19 Weeks



It seems like only yesterday I was full of excitement to be hitting the second trimester and here we are at 19 weeks! Yay! Overall, I feel thankful to have made it this far and that the baby is healthy.

Each time I go for a checkup, the nurses have to search what seems like forever to pick up the heartbeat. The first few times this alarmed me but now it's almost like a game to see how Baby can hide. Everytime they tell me, "This baby is hiding WAY in the back." Little toot! Maybe that will be his/her nickname...little toot! Anyhow, this is new for me because in both previous pregnancies they never had an issue finding the heartbeat; especially at this stage of the pregnancy. It was like they would put the doppler on my tummy and it was there instantly! Nope, not this baby. I fear that we may have another stubborn child on our hands! LOL Could you blame the child?

The heartbeat today was around 140 she said...and it was hilarious on my facebook page to hear everyones thoughts on that. I read up on it online and it plainly says that they are all wivestales when it comes to predicting the gender of the baby. It's still fun to read and think about what it may be. We are only a couple of weeks away from finding out if we'll have a football team, or a football team with one player with a pink jersey!

IF the Lord does give me a little girl, my hope is that she will be tough and easy going...able to throw a football and wear a tutu. If it's a boy I can already imagine the noise level in my house! Out of control!!

As far as names go, we only have a boy name set in stone. I would tell you but lets wait and see if it is a boy. I totally LOVE the boy name we decided on. I like the way it sounds and the way it looks when it's written down. We are having a hard time coming up with the middle name to go with that name so we'll have to see what we can come up with between the two of us.
Girl names...now that has proven to be much harder! We've tossed some back and fourth and either he vetos mine or I veto his. It's quite funny actually.

I've gained 10 pounds overall and doctor A says that's really good. I've been eating pretty good.. I crave lots of fruits and have been drinking tons of water. I just need to exercise more. We've been going to the pool and I've been swimming laps but we're about to take on walking around the block or something.

So that's the update on Little Toot!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

So much fun! I can't wait to hear your names and see what you're having!

Thanks so much for your comment about putting my link on your site. You are so sweet! I honestly have no idea where I'm going with my boutique right now. My heart just isn't in the bows and I'm just really trying to think of something unique to make. I may be taking a short break to rethink everything. Wish me luck! Ha!