Sunday, November 9, 2008

Tender Moments

Well I just expeirenced one of the most precious moments as a mother...

Ever since Bryce was a newborn, my husband and I would sing "Jesus Loves Me" to him. We'd sing it when he was crying all hours of the night, we'd sing it just for fun, we'd sing it in the car, and mostly we sang it after saying our prayers when he was in bed.

He is 2 now so it's almost part of his routine to sing the song. In recent months he's begun singing the song with us. It is the sweetest thing in the world to hear. It melts my heart. Before he could sing the words, when he was only 6 months old, he'd hum the melody to the song!

Tonight I was putting him to bed, and he didn't want to go. He always asks for like 10 hugs and kisses from mommy and daddy...so that would be a total of 20! I'm sucking it up as much as I can because I know the days are coming where he doesn't want that anymore (let's not even talk about that because it will require me to get a prescription).

Anyhow, as I was walking out of his room he says, "Mommy, I sing Jesus loves me" (which sounds like "Ge-sis" "Lub me." It was amazing. I held him in my arms and we sang Jesus loves me. It's one of those moments where I know God is real and He is so good to my family. My two year old son has a concept of his Heavenly Father. Thank you Lord.

I layed him down, got 10 more hugs and kisses, turned off the light, walked out of the room when I hear, "Momma, I sing Jesus loves me with Daddy too." LOL.

Hope you are feeling blessed toinght,
Rachel

3 comments:

Mandy Crowell said...

That is so awesome..wait until you hear them pray for the first time..it'll melt your heart!!

Tara said...

I love moments like that. It makes all the stress of the day disappear and the wonder of being a parent so real.

Dancing Queen said...

we sing that song every night to all 3 of our "babies" too! i love it when they sing it with me! thanks for stopping by...jack's shirt came from the little catalog chasing fireflies...i noticed you do children's clothing as well! i'd love to see more of it!! come back soon...