Monday, November 17, 2008

Decorating for Christmas part 2!

So tonight we put up the first of our two Christmas trees! Yes we have two. This is actually our first year to have two trees. After many years of arguments, my husband wins and gets his "color scheme tree." This year, we will have a chocolate brown and blue colored tree. He loves a tree to have all the same colors on it---and it MUST have white lights. Colored lights are not allowed says THE man. *snicker*

So being the kind-hearted and submissive wife that I am *SNICKER* we are letting Daddy have a tree all his own!

So this left me with only one option: to go out and buy another tree!! Hey, we're both happy right? Anyhow, this new tree will house the hodge podge of ornaments we have. One of the Christmas traditions we have is to go to Hallmark and we pick out a family ornament. Last year we let Bryce pick the ornament. He chose a Mickey Mouse and friends train (pictures below). It's so cute. Push the button and Mickey, Goofy and Donald race around the train track to "Jingle Bells." I love to see the look on my son's face when he sees the ornament. It sounds cheesy but it almost makes me cry to see what a simple little thing can do for the heart of a child. My husband and I picked a Peanuts ornament. It's Linus (remember the little boy who always walked around with Charlie Brown carrying his blanket?). I have attached a video below of that one. You have to listen to it!! It's him saying the story of Christmas! Please listen, it's adorable!

This year, we let Bryce pick another ornament. He chose the little Einsteins Rocket! He. loves. that. show. We have it recording on our TV every morning. He can sing the song.. he loves it. So naturally when we were looking through the ornaments at Hallmark, he chose that one. I'm posting some pictures of Bryce with his ornament. I hope to continue thisuntil one day, our entire tree is filled with ornaments that each have a special meaning.

Oh, if you have checked in a day or two there is more christmas decorating posts below!





3 comments:

Shauna said...

What a cute blog you have here :)

Mandy Crowell said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that last peanuts ornament! Is it a Hallmark? I wonder if they still have them.

Anyway, don't feel bad about the two christmas trees. We have THREE!! One for mommy and daddy to decorate with ribbon and ornaments (my snowmen is the main theme), and two smaller trees to put their ornaments on..

Dancing Queen said...

we love hallmark ornaments! they always seem to have what our children are into! i'd love to have 2 trees one day too! we sure have enough ornaments for two anyway...can't wait to see more pics!