Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Mia Joie

I wanted to do a post today and advertise this awesome business. This sweet girl I know through my photographer friend Tasha

Her business is called Mia Joie named after her daugher. She handmakes the most beautiful and unique baby booties and shoes. They are the most precious things ever.

As many of you already know, this CPSIA law is going hurt many WAHM businesses--hers being one of them. If the law is not changed by Feb. 10th, she is going to have to close her business down. It's so not fair. She was spoken to about being featured in In Style magazine and she is actually featured in this months Pregnancy & Newborn magazine! Page 30!! How incredible..what an honor.

It angers me to know that she is growing so rapidly AND using eco-friendly fabrics yet will be forced to shut down due to this new law only because testing is so outrageously expensive. It's nuts.

Anyhow, she just posted on her blog to let everyone know if they want booties, they need to get them now. She'll be closing down soon if things don't change. I am going to stock up on booties for girl and boy so that next baby can be stylish!!

Please visit her website to see the different styles she has available. Get them while you can. Mia Joie






3 comments:

Kristin said...

Hey! I love her booties...soooo cute. I did hear that they are supposed to exempt cotton and wool from the new law, so maybe that will help her stay in business?

Jessica Haley said...

Thanks for such a kind post--you're so sweet to feature me! I also read your post below. I have tickets to that Ladies Nite Out, too! And, I have also run into some copying... quite a bit actually. When it comes to that stuff, I don't mess around. It's worth the time and money to file trademarks and copyrights... I protect my business and intellectual property to the fullest letter of the law!

Dancing Queen said...

such beautiful stuff! i don't understand that "new" law at all! is there something we can do?? an online petition or write congress?? i'd love to help!

so what's your news girlie??