Sunday, January 25, 2009

I love the Lord's Day

There is just something about the Lord's Day. I love Sunday. I love the worship time, the gathering of fellow christians to worship, I love to dig into the word and learn. I love the overall feeling of that day.

Today was another great Sunday. I can say that today I felt the Spirit. We've all had those days when Satan has a "hay-day" in our minds and we just didn't quite get out of the message what we should have. Well today was an awesome service! Our pastor has been doing a series on prayer. I am so loving it. It's got me really thinking about my prayer life--or, the lack thereof. I often times feel so overwhelmed by my prayers. It's kind of like a long to-do list at the end of the day. Tonight I really learned that prayer shouldn't be a to-do list. I should throw all my requests at God at the same time. I need to take the time to get away in my prayer closet, in the quiet, and really and truly realize who God is. I need to relish in the spirit of God.

I think I'm going to try and focus on that. Really getting to know prayer and how it should be. Today was just an amazing day. The worship service was awesome. God's spirit was there!

Anyhow, maybe another day I can do a post on the verses we learned about prayer.. but tonight I think I'll stick to more simple things.



This is a picture of my friend Amanda and I this morning at church. She is my BFF! We call her my "Jewelry Making Friend" if you remember. Well now I am giving her a new name: My Jewelry Making, Zebra print loving, sista from another mother! So from now on we will know her as that (she and I decided tonight that that would be her new name since we both LOVE zebra and somehow always end up with the same zebra things.. today it was a zebra purse). She is no doubt my sister from another mother.. hah! We joked tonight about how we just can't understand why God didn't give us the same shoe size so that we could share.. I wear a 9 and she wears a 7ish I belive. We both always love each other's shoes yet cannot share..what a pitty. ;)

Here are a few more of Amanda and I and also my husband and my handsome little boy!






I think the men in my life are so gorgeous!

And one more picture of my husband "sporting" a Jack and Cole Designs diaper bag!!



Oh and last but not least, I had to show my cute leopard resale shop shoes that I got for $10!!



Also please keep praying for little Abby Grace. They are going to do a sleep study on her as soon as they can get her in. Amanda in the pictures above is her mom. She's dealing with alot right now and prayers would be so appreciated!! Thank you.

Blessings!
Rachel

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Ha! Love the one of your husband pointing to his bag!
I also love the resale shop shoes!! At one time, I had thought about opening a maternity/children's resale shop, featuring designer boutique brands.

I'm glad you have a church that you love. I don't and it's something that I long for.

Dancing Queen said...

ok, love, love the diaper bag & the shoes!! too cute!

man, you've been a busy blogger...i did a quick catchup of your posts...congrats to your friend, annie!! we love that name around here...it's our 8 year old daughter's too:)

happy monday!