Saturday, January 24, 2009

?????


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
GOTCHA!!!!
No I am not pregnant!! Oh that was fun.. had you all thinking I had a bun on the oven huh? No no it isn't me. But I am so super excited because my sweet dear childhood sister Annie is pregnant! I've been wanting to tell for weeks but I couldn't because her family didn't know yet. She is my life-long best friend. I have 4 girlfriends that I would call my BFF's and she is definately one of them. We met in 9th grade. And have been so close ever since. She was my maid of honor in my wedding. She's thrown all my showers and I am so excited to throw her a baby shower!!! I can go to her for anything--and she can go to me. It is so precious to have a friend like that.

I knew they were trying so the anticipation was high! She called me one night and said she had taken a test and wasn't sure if it was right. I laughed so hard because she told me there was only a "faint line." I told her that it didn't matter how faint the line..she was prego! She wasn't convinced. I think the excitement was too much. She had to E-MAIL ME THE PICTURE OF THE TEST! I was cracking up I almost wet my pants. I saw the picture while on the phone with her and I just started crying.. this child will be my neice/nephew! That is how close we are.

We have celebrated all of life's greatest and saddest moments together. We will always be there for one another.

So, as a celebration, I took Annie to lunch last week and we went baby boutique shopping!! I know.. I have a boutique but I'm still a boutique junkie and wanted to show her the best of the best! She was so excited! I picked her up and gave her a gift--a card, the infamous "what to expect when you're expecting" book and a pregnancy journal!! Here is a picture of her reading her card..




We stopped into one of my favorite maternity boutiques to buy some cute tops for her.. we found this cute little one that said, "Not plump, with bump." LOL. So cute.. I need one that says the opposite! ;) Here is a picture of her mini-bump and then one of her wearing the "fake bump" so she could see what she will look like..




Could there really be a cuter prego girl?!

We had such a great time going from shop to shop.. we bought some cute unisex things for baby! We can't wait to know what you will be little one! Auntie Rachel is going to go crazy buying you things!! We ended our day with a wonderful, delicious lunch at Carabas. If you have never been there, YOU MUST GO. It is my favorite restaurant. It will blow Olive Garden out of the water!



I have another friend who is expecting but hasn't yet gone public so her name will not be mentioned. Please be in prayer for these precious little ones who are not yet born. We can't wait to meet them!
Ann, I love you dearly and know you will be an amazing mother! God is good..

3 comments:

Kristin said...

You had me for a minute! Ha!

That's so exciting though. Pregnancy and babies are just the greatest things in the world!! My sister-in-law is expecting in April and I can't wait! I love the saying on that shirt! I need one that says the opposite too :)

Tara said...

I love it! I'm so excited. Tell her congratulations for me!

Jill said...

Congrats to Annie!!! You two are both so darn cute!