Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year, New Life

Happy New Year to all of my blogger friends! I hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday season!

My husband and I were chatting last night about how we didn't even realize it was New Year's Eve until it was almost 2010. Ha! We both agreed at the exact moment that we wouldn't rather be ANYWHERE else on New Year's Eve than with our precious boys. Wow, I'm so blessed to have a husband who feels that way.

I haven't shared Christmas pictures and I totally need to do that.. but I wanted to jump ahead and add some pictures of our precious Parker Reed!!! This birth expeirence was the most amazing one I have had. SO different from the other two. I switched doctors sometime back and we delivered at a different hospital...it's known to be the best place for Moms and babies. I have to say that it was the best place for us. I loved it! My doctor was amazing! If you know me at all you know I am a total weenie about anything having to do with doctors/medical/NEEDLES! I hate needles. It was just the strangest thing this time around.. God gave me a peace unlike the other two times.. We had to be at the hospital at 4:30am on Monday the 28th. I woke up, got a shower and got dressed and I was just so surprised that I wasn't nervous.. Usually I'm throwing up and other gross things ;) My husband was a nervous wreck. It was funny hearing me telling him to calm down and that it would be okay. LOL.

We arrived at the hospital at 4:30 and headed to the C-section prep room. This was new to me. They sat me in the most comfortable chair and the nurse I had was so awesome. God weaved it all together perfectly! She got me comfy and started my IV. No big deal. Talked over a few things and I got to relax with my hubby until the doctor arrived... everytime he comes on the scene there is just this total calming. The man knows what he's doing and he always wants the best for Mommy! We laughed and joked and finally it was time to head back to the OR. I kissed my hubby (who was all dressed up in his blue outfit!), and walked back to the OR with my nurse. In all previous c-sections, I have never opened my eyes in the OR. I walked in holding a nurses hand and didn't open my eyes until after I was laying down with the blue drape over my head.. so that way, all I could see was the drape, my husband, and the baby when he was handed to me. This time, I decided to look. It wasn't that bad at all :)

My anesthesiologist was flat out amazing. He talked with me and told me not to worry, said that if I got sick they would shoot a little something into the IV to take care of that.. he was so nice. I got the epidural and laid down and it was just dandy after that! My doctor walked in, held my hand and said, "Are you ready??"
They put the drape up, Daddy came in and the process began. I laid there in total calm and peace and actually got to feel the EXCITEMENT of meeting my baby instead of lying there throwing up on the table and in total panic!! I cannot tell you how many times I have thanked God that this went so well for me.. The last two were not so fun. When Britton was born the epidural wore off during the end of the surgery and I screamed for the next three hours after. NOT. FUN.

I suppose God allowed those two not so fun expeirences to show me how grateful I need to be that this one was so awesome. I was in awe of how enjoyable it was. Man am I thankful!!

I will never forget seeing Parker for the first time. Gosh..awesome. Hearing his cry. Actually getting to focus on that moment instead of being in pain. It was just awesome! Having my husband hold my hand, kiss my head and tell me I was beautiful (the man lies WELL. Ha!).

It was overall amazing. I can't thank Jesus enough. We did have one huge scare while we were there... I'll save that post for tomorrow. It was horrible. BUT, God IS good and he saved my little boy. :)

Enjoy some photos from this blessed event!!


















































2 comments:

Kristin said...

Such adorable photos! I love the one of your hubby holding him with the "rock and roll" shirt. Cute!! I'm so happy for you! I hope that you will enjoy being a Mom of 3....it's the best! Love ya!

The Sheffield Fam said...

Rachel, he is beyond beautiful. All that hair is amazing. You are so blessed!

Were you at Women's hospital this go round? And who was your doctor?