Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Pregnancy Stats

I'm sorry I'm a stinker about updating this blog. I'll try to be better at it. ;)

Let me start off by saying that this pregnancy is SO DIFFERENT from the first two.. first off, we tried for this one. Both the boys were little miracles that we weren't expecting! Bryce was about six months old when I got pregnant with Britton.. talk about a shocker! I was excited but overwhelmed at the same time.

This time I was able to have the "baby fever" before the baby! For the first time in my life, I experienced the longing and desire to have a child. With my boys, I got the baby before the fever! Hah!!

This pregnancy has been so awesome I just cannot complain. Totally opposite from the others. Be advised: I am not reading into this when it comes to the sex of the baby... I know all pregnancies can be different. I'm not thinking one way or another. We'll see!

I've had some pretty bad nausea but no throwing up! That in itself is a big hairy deal considering with my boys I threw up so much I couldn't even keep water down. I figured out that if I take my hormone and my pre natal vitamin at night, right as I'm going to bed, I don't have any nausea! My sweet friend Annie made that suggestion to me. Good one Sista!

The only major complaint I have is that I'm SO TIRED and I also have some pretty uncomfortable belly issues for most of the day. I don't know how to explain it.. it's like a gassy feeling.. my entire belly gets bloated and tight and it feels like all my food is up right under my throat and it's the worst feeling. Even when I eat a tiny bit it feels like it's pushing up and is very uncomfortable. Anyone have any similar issue and can give me some advice?? I've tried Pepto, Gas X... not sure exactly what the issue is.

I am eager to hit 12 weeks and to say Adios to this tiredness. It's pretty bad. It's funny how after you have the baby, you forget all you went thru.. guess that's God's way of getting you to have more than one! I had some major Mommy Guilt today and actually cried because I feel like for the past 6 weeks, I haven't done anything fun with my boys because I am so worn out. My poor husband has done the majority of the cleaning, laundry and taking care of the kiddos.. he rocks. I can't brag on him enough. I just hate that I'm too tired to go outside with them or to the park.. I seriously lay on the couch most of the day and watch them play. Daddy comes home and always takes them outside or plays with them. I usually have a little energy after I take a nap but it fades quickly.. I can take a shower and dry my hair and by the time I'm done I am so ready to go to sleep.

I'm very thankful this pregnancy has been much better (so far) than the others at this point.. and I'm thankful the baby is healthy! We're tossing back and fourth boy and girl names..

Bryce still says it's a "sister." Both my nieces say the same thing. I actually saw my grandmother this weekend and she didn't have a clue I was pregnant (she also cannot see so my expanding waistline wasn't a hint). She asked me if I was pregnant.. I thought, "How strange!" I told her I was and she giggled and said, "You know, I was just laying in bed the other night thinking that it was time for you to have a little girl." That was very emotional for me. Not because she said girl, but mostly because she was so excited and had a "feeling" that I was pregnant. It was a very sweet moment that I won't forget. She also gave me a girl name that she wants me to use.. it's a family name. I asked her to also give me a boy name just in case!

Anyhow, that's all the pregnancy stats for now! I'm 8 weeks and 3 days.. can't wait to meet our little one! We're going back and fourth with whether or not we want to know the sex of the baby.. I think not knowing would be a fun surprise! Daddy doesn't love the idea.. he says he has to know. We'll see who wins this war!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Awww! It's so much fun to read about your pregnancy and to try and guess what it will be. Pregnancy is just such an exciting time and it doesn't matter if it's your first or your third, each one is just as special and exciting! I am looking forward to finding out if you decide to find out what it is, and all of the other fun things that go along with it.