Monday, February 2, 2009

Another girls night...can't get enough!

I had another girls night the other night... I know, TWO in the same month?! What's going on here?!

All I can say is that #1) it was well deserved and #2) my husband is such a sweetie for keeping the kids so I can dash out the door for some free time with my girlfriends. Gotta love hubs for that!

I got to visit with my sweet friend Michelle. She is one of my closest friends. She knows everything about me. You know that kind of friend. You can tell them anything and they never treat you any different. She's a godly lady whom I really admire. We have very similar personalities. She moved to Dallas last year. It was a very hard time for me because I felt like I was losing a sister. But, we are still just as close and I cherish our phone calls more now because I know I can't just run over to her house to visit her.

God had a greater plan for her life though. Her and her husband were the associate pastors of our church for many years. But God called them to a church in Dallas that needed them badly. They are doing so well! I love their family..they have 3 beautiful boys!

Michelle and I got together with our friend Tamara who moved away last year to the same area Michelle lives but Tamara just recently moved back! I am excited that she's back...now if I can just get Michelle back that would be wonderful!

Tamara is my kind of girl. She is totally opposite of my personality and that's what I love about her. We laugh alot. I can't sit anywhere near Tamara in church because we laugh at the dumbest things that aren't even funny..

The three of us together are a recipe for disaster! We had such a blast this weekend...we went to Hobby Lobby and bought some cute items for Michelle's house. The funniest thing happened. We decided on this beautiful picture for Michelle's kitchen. We realize we don't have a basket to put it in so Michelle says she's going to go get one...she says to Tamara, "Shouldn't you guys stand here so nobody takes it?" And we tell her that it's no big deal and that even though this is the last one of these prints we're sure nobody is going to run up and take it.. I mean, the store was empty. I'm telling you that two minutes later Michelle walks back with a basket and says that her picture is gone! We run over to the area where it was and sure enough, it's gone! Of course Tamara and I feel horrible so we search the store to see if we can find the person with this picture... after a few moments we notice that there is a basket in the middle of the store with the picture in it AND it's been abandoned!!! Yay we got a second chance! Here is a picture of Michelle and Tamara whisking the basket away before someone returned to claim it..



FYI: WE DID WAIT AROUND TO SEE IF THE PERSON CAME BACK TO THE BASKET BEFORE WE RE-CLAIMED IT AS OURS..WE ARE NICE CHRISTIAN LADIES PEOPLE!!

The "I once was lost but now I'm found" picture...



We got to do a little fun shopping and then Tamara took us to this great little bakery and can I just tell you that it was SO YUM! I can't remember the name of it though.. Tamara can't either so don't ask. But.. It. was. good. I had red velvet cake.. oh I'm craving it right now!







Is your mouth watering yet???



All in all, it was a fantastic night with two of the sweetest gals I know. I miss ya Michelle!! See you next month in Dallas! Thank the Lord for true friends who love you in spite of your faults, and who are always there to lift you up. Love y'all!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Sounds like fun! I love the "once was lost but now I'm found"! So funny!