Thursday, April 8, 2010

Understanding the "unfairs" in life

Sometimes...

people will say things about you that aren't true...

they will make unfair accusations about you...

they will tell others these hurtful things about you...

they will try to get everyone to see these untrue things...

they have a jealousy for which you never meant to cause and you don't understand...

they feel that you wish ill on them when you truly do not...

they will try to befriend those you care for and sway them in their thinking of you...

they will accuse you of things you have never done, said or felt...

they will do many things to you that are totally undeserved...

BUT

God has forgiven me of my sins... so I in return can forgive them of theirs. Because I too am a sinner..saved by grace.

All I can be is ME. Exactly how God made me. And relish in the truth that God knows the truth, he knows my heart, he knows my motives and my intentions.. I stand before Him at peace KNOWING that I have done all I can to remain in His will.

Am I perfect? No. Have I made mistakes? Yes. Have I let my mouth get the better of me in a time of pain.. certainly. But, I am a new person. I have turned all things over to Him. I never, ever do things to intetionally hurt people.

Not long ago I received a ugly comment on my blog referring to the flower headbands I make and sell. Listen up.. YES I MAKE FLOWER HEADBANDS..YES I SELL THEM...AND I LOVE DOING SO. I have always been a crafty gal. And upon ordering those same headbands to sell in my online boutique, I realized it was more cost effective for me to make them myself.. and boy has God blessed it. He. Is. Good.

I try to keep away from territories that other people have worked hard to gain and sell.. fair is fair. But please grow up and see that TONS of other people make them and sell them. It makes one look bad to be so catty over a headband.

I would also like to state for everyone who reads.. that a few weeks ago I was wrongly accused of misadvertising by using someone else's product and saying it was my creation. I have NEVER done that. If I said it was mine it the picture, it was MINE. I made it. I wouldn't claim it as mine otherwise.. and just because I didn't tell you I made it at the time, doesn't mean I didn't.

Life is way too short to fret over petty things.. so let's end this dreaded post.

I think it's silly for someone to feel they were "copied" when they weren't the original designer of that idea anway..

I saw a quote once that read, "It is better to fail at originality, than to succeed at imitation." But that statement is only true if you are the original desinger. The owner of the idea.. otherwise, you were merely "inspired" by someone else's creation.

Enough said.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Oh my Rachel....I had no idea this happened to you! I say AMEN to what you said about you can only claim copyright if it was YOUR original idea. There are so many etsy and crafty artists out there and we all make and sell our own take of the same things! I mean, come on, there's only so many ways to make a headband or a bow or a shirt! I can't tell you how many things I've wanted to make for my shop and didn't because I was so afraid someone would accuse me of copying. The thing is, with these type of businesses, what we are really selling is customer service and the way we treat people, being able to make things and ship them quickly, and of course that it's well made and lasts. There just aren't many things you can create or sew that haven't been done already. The important thing as business owners is that we are making something we enjoy, we believe in, and we know is well-made and that people want. It's not about copying.....show me an idea that hasn't been done before and I'll be surprised.

I think you making the headbands because it's more cost effective and they're definitely in demand is perfectly logical. Not to mention they are super cute....way cuter than any others I've seen!